Teenagers encouraged to join the cadets
- Credit: Archant
New detachment commander hopes to encourage more to the Army Cadet Force
Tony Gubb is the new detachment commander of the Sidmouth Devon Army Cadet Force and is encouraging more 12 to 18-year-old kids to get involved.
Cadets have the chance to experience life away from home on trips abroad, summer camps and weekends away throughout the year.
The teenagers can add to their CV by completing the Duke of Edinburgh award with the cadets.
The force provides an opportunity for physical activity such as water sports, mountain biking and field exercises.
You may also want to watch:
A one off payment of £25 includes uniform and insurance.
The group meets at Sidmouth Detachment, Chambers Close on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7-9pm.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
Anyone with questions is invited to come along to a meeting.