Sidmouth art academy to host free day of drawing and other news
A free day of drawing next Saturday, October 13, will take place at East Devon Art Academy in Old Fore Street, Sidmouth. Read this and more.
AIR CADETS: Sidmouth Air Cadet Squadron will hold its next intake induction evening on Thursday, October 11, at its Chambers Close headquarters at 7pm.
Boys and girls aged 13 to 18 are welcome to attend but should be with a parent or guardian on this occasion.
Anyone seeking further information should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01395 578759 on a Tuesday or Thursday evening.
You may also want to watch:
BIG DRAWS: A free day of drawing next Saturday, October 13, will take place at East Devon Art Academy in Old Fore Street, Sidmouth, from 11am to 3pm.
The following Sunday, October 21, the academy will launch the East Devon Drawing Club at 10am.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
The club is a place for people to meet and draw together and will take place on regular dates.
Phone the academy on 01395 516284.
THANK YOU: Supporters of the Macmillan World’s Biggest Coffee Morning have been thanked for helping raise more than �365.
Joyce Burnham, chairman Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth, thanked all those who baked delicious cakes and donated jewellery and books to sell, Lidl, helpers and all those who attended.
She said: “To give an indication, the amount raised will go towards providing 14 hours of specialist care or therapy helping people with cancer.”
ELECTRIFYING: Spot the car of the future parked at Kennaway House next Saturday, October 20, with solar connections.
The motor will be featured in the Sid Vale Energy Action Group’s stand at the Sidmouth Science Festival.
COMMUNITY MARKET: Sidmouth Community Market takes place on the second Saturday of each month from 9.30am to 1pm at St John’s Hall in Blackmore Drive. This month (October 13) stallholders will be taking requests for Christmas. Orders for turkeys and chickens can be placed as well as cakes and puddings.