Sidmouth art shop gives to charity
PHILANTHROPICAL Sidmouth art shop owners have donated �1,000 worth of materials to a school for children with physical disabilities. Lynsey and Graham Brennan, of South West Art in Old Fore Street, presented the art materials to Nicky Lloyd of the Dame Ha
PHILANTHROPICAL Sidmouth art shop owners have donated �1,000 worth of materials to a school for children with physical disabilities.
Lynsey and Graham Brennan, of South West Art in Old Fore Street, presented the art materials to Nicky Lloyd of the Dame Hannah Rogers Trust this week.
The trust, based in Ivybridge, provides education, therapy, care and respite for children with disabilities and life-threatening medical needs.
Lynsey, who has had the shop for four years, said: "When we took over the shop there was a lot of art material which we stored away until recently.
You may also want to watch:
"We added it all up there was about �1,000 worth of stuff and we wanted to give it to a good cause."
And they found the perfect charity when Phil Lloyd and his wife, who both teach at the trust, came into the shop one day.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Lynsey added: "They were getting something framed, we started talking and that was it!"
Nicky said: "We are so grateful to Graham and Lynsey Brennan for their generosity.
"The students and young adults at Dame Hannah's love art and music and this generous gift of equipment and paint will be really appreciated by all our young artists.
"I have been amazed at the marvellous support we receive from so many areas of Sidmouth life. The rugby club members, Rotary, businesses and individuals have all been so generous.