Sidmouth artist creates painting from Sidmouth beach photo
- Credit: Archant
One Sidmouth artist has been keeping herself busy during the lockdown.
Rebecca Lockyear has painted a picture, using a photograph taken on Sidmouth beach.
Speaking to the Herald, Rebecca said the photo was taken on her daughter’s 30th birthday, in November 2019.
She added: “She and a bunch of friends racing towards the sea, happy days.
“I am really looking forward to when we can do this again, let’s make the chain of hands even longer next time.
You may also want to watch:
“It is great to celebrate the important things in life such as human kindness and the beauty of our natural environment.
“Well done everyone for maintaining this necessary lockdown and for being such great neighbours.”
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
Please feel free to send your photos in of how you are making the most of the lockdown and what you are looking forward to doing when it is lifted. Email email@example.com.