Sidmouth artist creates painting from Sidmouth beach photo
- Credit: Archant
One Sidmouth artist has been keeping herself busy during the lockdown.
Rebecca Lockyear has painted a picture, using a photograph taken on Sidmouth beach.
Speaking to the Herald, Rebecca said the photo was taken on her daughter’s 30th birthday, in November 2019.
She added: “She and a bunch of friends racing towards the sea, happy days.
“I am really looking forward to when we can do this again, let’s make the chain of hands even longer next time.
You may also want to watch:
“It is great to celebrate the important things in life such as human kindness and the beauty of our natural environment.
“Well done everyone for maintaining this necessary lockdown and for being such great neighbours.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Please feel free to send your photos in of how you are making the most of the lockdown and what you are looking forward to doing when it is lifted. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.