Sidmouth artist to showcase her work in London’s Mall Galleries
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth artist will be showcasing her works in London after she was selected to exhibit in the capital’s Mall Galleries.
Debbie Coles will be heading to the private view in the city with the Society of Women Artists in September.
An oil painter, Debbie refers to herself as a plein painter – a person who leaves the four walls of their studio behind and experiences painting and drawing in the landscape.
She said: “I enjoy capturing fleeting moments of light and texture in the land and seascape. The same scenes repeat themselves day after day but are forever changing.
“Standing outside in one spot for two hours to paint and absorb everything focuses my mind – the sound of seabirds, crashing waves, distant voices or the discomfort from the heat of the sun or frozen fingers and toes - all have an influence and add an emotive dimension to my painting.”
You may also want to watch:
Debbie will be exhibiting with nine other artists at Kennaway House from September 7 to 17 in an exhibition called Artbeat.
See Debbie’s work at www.debbiecoles.com
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead