Sidmouth artists enjoy treat from society chairperson
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth artists enjoyed a demonstration on creating spring scenes using pastel paints.
Lynda Kettle, chairperson for the Sidmouth Society of Artists, gave an informative demonstration at their group’s latest meeting.
Lynda has enjoyed pastel painting for 20 years and is also an expert with watercolours and oils.
Society spokeswoman Ann England said Lynda revealed a number of techniques including using sandpaper, which allows the paint to stick, and although expensive will give a better result.
She added: “Throughout Lynda gave very useful information finishing with the best way to mount a pastel painting prior to framing which was much appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
“This was a very enjoyable evening, worth venturing out in the bitter weather. Lynda likes to work quickly and had prepared well so that the picture was finished in record time the final result speaking for itself.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead