Sidmouth ATS to close?
THE Sidmouth branch of a national tyre service provider faces closure as its owners look to reshape the company.
THE Sidmouth branch of a national tyre service provider faces closure as its owners look to "reshape" the company.
Employees at the Vicarage Road ATS Euromaster this week entered into "a period of consultation" with the firm as it considers closing 80 of its centres around the country.
The Herald was told this week that the company is "doing everything it can" to "re-deploy" staff members and ATS Euromaster intends to operate with fewer, but larger, service centres.
The Ottery St Mary ATS centre is also affected by the proposal.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Hufflett, group operations director for ATS, said: "This is being driven by a change in the way we provide service to our customers. Motorists and fleet managers are having to tighten their belts and become more efficient, and the service we offer needs to reflect that.
"Employees affected by the proposal are being allowed time off to seek other employment and will be offered career advice and support in the form of career workshops.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again