Sidmouth ATS to close?
THE Sidmouth branch of a national tyre service provider faces closure as its owners look to reshape the company.
THE Sidmouth branch of a national tyre service provider faces closure as its owners look to "reshape" the company.
Employees at the Vicarage Road ATS Euromaster this week entered into "a period of consultation" with the firm as it considers closing 80 of its centres around the country.
The Herald was told this week that the company is "doing everything it can" to "re-deploy" staff members and ATS Euromaster intends to operate with fewer, but larger, service centres.
The Ottery St Mary ATS centre is also affected by the proposal.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Hufflett, group operations director for ATS, said: "This is being driven by a change in the way we provide service to our customers. Motorists and fleet managers are having to tighten their belts and become more efficient, and the service we offer needs to reflect that.
"Employees affected by the proposal are being allowed time off to seek other employment and will be offered career advice and support in the form of career workshops.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park