Aromatherapy invites sweet smell of success for Sidmouth author
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth author has launched her brand new thriller at a special event in the town.
Jane Corry told the gathered audience that her latest novel ‘The Dead Ex’ was inspired by a trip to an aromatherapist.
The former journalist, turned bestselling author, said she was quizzing the therapist about her craft and the woman told her it was ‘a bit like a marriage: you blend the oils for the client’.
The tagline for the novel is: ‘He cheated. He lied. He died.’
The plot features a principal character Vicki who is an aromatherapist who suffers from epilepsy after a savage attack. Her husband runs off with his mistress. When he is reported as dead the police suspect she may have been involved.
You may also want to watch:
Wayne Winstone, hosting the event at his bookstore in the High Street, said: “I’ve never known such a hard working author and she’s very supportive to booksellers.”
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout