Aromatherapy invites sweet smell of success for Sidmouth author
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth author has launched her brand new thriller at a special event in the town.
Jane Corry told the gathered audience that her latest novel ‘The Dead Ex’ was inspired by a trip to an aromatherapist.
The former journalist, turned bestselling author, said she was quizzing the therapist about her craft and the woman told her it was ‘a bit like a marriage: you blend the oils for the client’.
The tagline for the novel is: ‘He cheated. He lied. He died.’
The plot features a principal character Vicki who is an aromatherapist who suffers from epilepsy after a savage attack. Her husband runs off with his mistress. When he is reported as dead the police suspect she may have been involved.
You may also want to watch:
Wayne Winstone, hosting the event at his bookstore in the High Street, said: “I’ve never known such a hard working author and she’s very supportive to booksellers.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections