Sidmouth author to hold library launch party for new book
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth author will debut her seventh book later this month called Pets, People and Places.
The book is a collection of writings by local author Jenny Fensom that focuses on ‘a lifetime of pet care, some family and a 50s childhood.’
To celebrate the release, Jenny will be holding a signing session at Sidmouth Library.
Every book sold will be at the reduced price of £8 and each person who buys a book will be entered in a raffle to win a Christmas hamper, flower display and more prizes.
All proceeds from the sale of the book will go to Sidmouth Hospice Care in memory of long term resident Manuel Martins.
You may also want to watch:
The signing session will take place in the library on Saturday, November 17, from 9.30am to midday.
Later in the month, another author will be visiting on Tuesday (November 20) at 3pm, when Janet Dowling brings her ‘Devon Ghost Tales’ to town.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
The final event of the month is a craft show on November 29 at 11AM with Alison Young.