Sidmouth awareness morning to inform public
Memory issues highlighted by health care team
AN Awareness Morning will be held at Sidmouth Methodist church hall, High Street, next week, run by Sidmouth Locality Health & Care team, backed by Sidmouth Hospital.
Called What is on Your Mind, the objective is to reach out to those living in Sidmouth, the Sid Valley and Newton Poppleford, who know of people with memory issues.
The meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 19 from 10am to 12.30pm.
Ian Skinner, chairman of the Locality Health & Care team, has invited Sid Valley Memory Caf�, Age Concern,
You may also want to watch:
Alzheimer’s Society, Sidmouth Help Link, Carers Support Group – Sid Vale Devon Link, Devon Carers Link, Sidmouth Voluntary Services, Parkinson’s Group, Harcombe Valley Care Agency and hospital representatives to identify the work and assistance they can offer the community.
Emma Bagwell, matron at Sidmouth hospital, which is run by NHS Devon, said: “I hope as many people as possible will be able to attend the event as memory loss could affect any of us at any time.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
Ian added: “We want to show that even if someone is experiencing memory problems, good self-management can lead to a long and independent life.”