Free school clothing available in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A ‘back to school bank’ of uniforms and other children’s clothing is being made available in Sidmouth this week.
On Thursday, July 30 and Friday 31, the clothing will be offered free of charge at the Unitarian Church.
Co-organiser Andie Milne said there are new and ‘pre-loved’ items, including uniforms for Sidmouth Primary, Newton Poppleford Primary and Sidbury Primary schools, along with Sidmouth College.
The clothing includes white shirts, trousers, skirts, pinafores, summer dresses and coats.
There are also non-uniform clothes, shoes including football boots, and baby equipment.
You may also want to watch:
The sessions will take place from 10am to noon, but only one family at a time can come in because of social distancing, so there may be a wait.
Face coverings must be worn.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 8 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
All the clothing is available on a first come, first served basis, and if demand is high, there will be another drop-in session in August.
Ms Milne said: “Pop along and see us. If we have your child’s size you can just take it away and enjoy the summer holidays.”