Sidmouth backs Macmillan’s coffee morning appeal
Sidmouth Conservative Club first of World’s Biggest Coffee Mornings in town
NEXT week, members of Macmillan Cancer Support’s Sidmouth committee hope to top the �439 raised at last year’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
On Friday, September 30, the local fundraisers will hold this year’s event at Sidmouth Methodist Church at 10am and Joyce Burnham, chairman of Sidmouth committee, wants locals and visitors to join in.
She said: “Sidmouth committee concentrates all its efforts on hosting this one big coffee morning in the year and we want to make it really the biggest. There will be lovely home-made cakes, you will be spoilt for choice.”
As this is Macmillan’s centenary year, she hopes to raise more than �439 for the charity’s vital cancer services.
In Devon alone, the charity is part way through a �2.5million programme of investment in new cancer care services and projects.
Macmillan Cancer Support improves the lives of people affected by cancer, providing practical, medical, emotional and financial support. One in three will get cancer and two million people are living with it.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 3 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 4 Sidmouth sailors host national competition
- 5 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 6 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 7 Rock Choir fundraiser for Sidmouth's Admiral Nurse
- 8 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 9 Sidbury gas pipe upgrade completed
- 10 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
Joyce can offer more information on (01395) 519017.
She is pictured (right) with Julie Hart from Sidmouth Conservative Club committee, raising their cups at the club’s fundraising coffee morning and cake sale this week.
*Other Sidmouth venues holding Macmillan coffee mornings on the 30th are the Kingswood & Devoran Hotel, The Westcliffe Hotel and the Royal Glen Hotel. Another will take place at St Teresa’s Hall, Sidmouth, near the Catholic church, on Saturday, October 1.