Sidmouth bakers’ hamper draw for Help for Heroes
Shauls’ Lisa dreams up way to help injured soldiers
A HAMPER full of Christmas goodies is being raffled for Help for Heroes in Sidmouth.
Lisa Gould, assistant manager of Shauls Bakery, thought of the idea to help the Forces charity and had the backing of manager John Gilliand.
Inside the hamper is a Christmas cake, decorated with the Help for Heroes medal, a Christmas pudding, mince pies and shortbread, and it is currently being displayed in the Fore Street shop.
“Tickets are 50p a strip and all the proceeds will go to Help for Heroes,” said John, who is pictured with (l-r): Mary Donegan, Kiran Hussain, Anita Denton and Lisa Gould.
You may also want to watch:
The draw will take place on Wednesday, December 22.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 8 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 9 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 10 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth