Sidmouth bakers’ hamper draw for Help for Heroes
Shauls’ Lisa dreams up way to help injured soldiers
A HAMPER full of Christmas goodies is being raffled for Help for Heroes in Sidmouth.
Lisa Gould, assistant manager of Shauls Bakery, thought of the idea to help the Forces charity and had the backing of manager John Gilliand.
Inside the hamper is a Christmas cake, decorated with the Help for Heroes medal, a Christmas pudding, mince pies and shortbread, and it is currently being displayed in the Fore Street shop.
“Tickets are 50p a strip and all the proceeds will go to Help for Heroes,” said John, who is pictured with (l-r): Mary Donegan, Kiran Hussain, Anita Denton and Lisa Gould.
You may also want to watch:
The draw will take place on Wednesday, December 22.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth