Sidmouth ballroom dancers raise cash for Macmillan
Ballroom dancers at Sidmouth Conservative Club raise �530 for Macmillan Cancer Support
BALLROOM dancers at Sidmouth Conservative Club have raised a massive �530 for their chosen charity, Macmillan Cancer Support.
Joyce Burnham, chairman of the charity’s Sidmouth support group, was presented a cheque by John and Sonia Davies at Sidmouth Conservative Club recently.
The money will go towards recruiting and training Macmillan support officers, cancer information nurses and welfare advisers, who are so important to people suffering from cancer.
This is Macmillan’s centenary year and it hopes to raise more money than ever to address the gaps in providing one-to-one cancer support from healthcare professionals.
The charity also wants to run more courses to help people cope with cancer and improve the way cancer care is delivered.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 8 Anniversary gives chance for a look back on three years in the valley
- 9 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 10 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth