Sidmouth ballroom dancers raise cash for Macmillan
Ballroom dancers at Sidmouth Conservative Club raise �530 for Macmillan Cancer Support
BALLROOM dancers at Sidmouth Conservative Club have raised a massive �530 for their chosen charity, Macmillan Cancer Support.
Joyce Burnham, chairman of the charity’s Sidmouth support group, was presented a cheque by John and Sonia Davies at Sidmouth Conservative Club recently.
The money will go towards recruiting and training Macmillan support officers, cancer information nurses and welfare advisers, who are so important to people suffering from cancer.
This is Macmillan’s centenary year and it hopes to raise more money than ever to address the gaps in providing one-to-one cancer support from healthcare professionals.
You may also want to watch:
The charity also wants to run more courses to help people cope with cancer and improve the way cancer care is delivered.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC