Sidmouth band support concert
A SIDMOUTH man has offered his band’s services to raise funds for wounded troops’ rehabilitation.
Peter Lee, of Newlands Road, is lead singer of Monika, pictured, who will be playing at Exmouth Unites in aid of Help for Heroes at Manor Gardens on Saturday, August 14. He signed up after organiser Lionel Howell made a media appeal for acts, having been left high and dry by a bogus events agency. Peter, 35, said: “Lionel was really appreciative and basically said ‘when do you want to play?’”
The four-piece - singer/ guitarist Peter; drummer Stefan Manwaring; bassist Nick Reynolds and Tim Woodrow, lead guitar/keyboard – perform pop and rock cover from the 60s to now, including the Beatles, David Bowie, Nirvana and Sugababes.
The group has been together for two years and rehearse at a forge works at Allercombe. They will join Exeter Tornadoes, Sophie Mendoza and the Sonic Blue and Mike Long on the line-up for the event, which runs from 9am to 7pm.
This will be the first gig in Exmouth for the band, who played the Black Horse in Sidmouth on August 4.
You may also want to watch:
The day will have side events including face painting and family tug of war and will feature TV and radio personality Mark Tyler as guest. Lionel was grateful for Monika’s support. “They were the first to come forward and say they’d play.”
Visit www.facebook.com/pages/Monika/ 141591569191930 for more information about the band.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 6 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 7 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 8 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 9 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 10 Ottery win the Monty Perry Invitation Cup