Sidmouth barber launches beard competition
- Credit: Archant
A cut-throat barber is celebrating brilliant beards and marvellous moustaches in a new competition at Sidmouth FolkWeek.
Each contender needs to visit Phil Weaver at his Church Street shop, where he will take a photo and upload it to social media.
Whoever gets the most ‘likes’ will be declared the winner.
Voting opens today (Friday) and closes at noon on Friday, August 11, before the winner is announced at 1pm.
The winner will claim £100 worth of Bluebeard’s Revenge.
You may also want to watch:
Phil – who prefers to practise his art on others rather than preen his own beard – also has potions and oils from the male grooming company to offer each contestant to get their facial hair looking its best, subject to availability.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC