Sidmouth barn blaze was arson
ARSONISTS sparked a Sidmouth barn blaze which brave firefighters battled for more than 24 hours- investigators revealed this week.
ARSONISTS sparked a Sidmouth barn blaze which brave firefighters battled for more than 24 hours.
Detectives have launched a criminal investigation after fire service experts said the cause of the inferno in Core Hill Lane on Saturday, January 15, was a “deliberate ignition”.
A pair of horses were rescued as tonnes of hay burned just yards away from them after fire broke out at around 7.30pm.
Firefighters from Sidmouth and Ottery battled through the night to tackle flames at the barn and crews were at the scene until the following Monday morning. Watch Commander Rob Crisp told the Herald last week: “There was nothing there that could cause anything apart from a person unknown igniting it.”
You may also want to watch:
The blaze destroyed a third of the single storey structure. Police this week said an investigation was ongoing and appealed for information.
Contact Honiton CID on 08452 777444, crime reference: KS/11/25.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future