Sidmouth barn blaze was arson
ARSONISTS sparked a Sidmouth barn blaze which brave firefighters battled for more than 24 hours- investigators revealed this week.
ARSONISTS sparked a Sidmouth barn blaze which brave firefighters battled for more than 24 hours.
Detectives have launched a criminal investigation after fire service experts said the cause of the inferno in Core Hill Lane on Saturday, January 15, was a “deliberate ignition”.
A pair of horses were rescued as tonnes of hay burned just yards away from them after fire broke out at around 7.30pm.
Firefighters from Sidmouth and Ottery battled through the night to tackle flames at the barn and crews were at the scene until the following Monday morning. Watch Commander Rob Crisp told the Herald last week: “There was nothing there that could cause anything apart from a person unknown igniting it.”
You may also want to watch:
The blaze destroyed a third of the single storey structure. Police this week said an investigation was ongoing and appealed for information.
Contact Honiton CID on 08452 777444, crime reference: KS/11/25.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 4 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 5 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 6 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 7 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 8 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 9 Ottery win the Monty Perry Invitation Cup
- 10 Wheels fall off for Tipton