Sidmouth-based police drugs team success and more news
A Local Policing Support Team based in Sidmouth has carried out a number of successful drugs searches and made many arrests. Read this and more.
JUBILEE CASH: Civic leaders have earmarked �5,000 to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in June. Sidmouth Town Council ruled the sum would be included in its budget for 2012/13 when members met last Monday. “If Sidmouth can’t do anything then I don’t hold out much hope for the rest of the country,” said Councillor Graham Liverton.
POLICING: A Local Policing Support Team based in Sidmouth has carried out a number of successful drugs searches and made many arrests since being introduced in May last year, according to the force. The team of four officers, whose role is to proactively police local issues throughout East and Mid Devon, works a 24-hour shift pattern. They are also responsible for providing the much needed support to the Late Night Economy Policing in Exmouth and Tiverton.
You may also want to watch:
BOARD ‘YES’: Lidl had been given the go-ahead to place a free-standing billboard outside its Sidmouth store in Woolbrook Road.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 6 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 After shopping in town why not give your feet a treat
EXTENSION: Owners of Kingfisher Cottage, 76 Woolbrook Road, Sidmouth, have been granted planning permission for a rear extension.
SHED PLEA: Sidmouth homeowners had to apply for planning permission to erect a garden shed. Owners of Long Reach in Boughmore Road were given the go-ahead.
HOME WORK: A first floor extension to rear of 1 Lower Wheathill, Sidmouth, can now take place after plans were given the go-ahead. Permission was also granted to an extension of gable to the side with a new single storey extension and part demolition of an existing garage.
PANTO: The Colaton Raleigh Players are putting on a performance of ‘Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves’ in the village hall from February 14 to 18. Tickets are �6, with children half price for the Tuesday night and Saturday matinee performances, contact Sally Hutchings on 01395 568150
COFFEE: There will be a coffee morning tomorrow at 10.30am in Harpford Village Hall.