A Christmas canine canter along Sidmouth beach
- Credit: Samantha Francesca Statham
Pet owners got into the Christmas spirit with a festive doggy dash on Sidmouth beach.
Jennifer Jennings-Wright, from Toto's of Sdimouth - the town's couture emporium for pampered pooches - organised a Christmas canter on Sunday (December 15).
It follows on from successful doggy dashes held in October to mark the end of the beach ban for pooches and another for Halloween.
Mrs Jennings-Wright and Toto were joined by a number of other dogs and their owners for the event despite the inclement weather.
She said: "It was lovely. I was a bit worried about the weather but all the dogs turned up in Christmas finery and seemed to enjoy themselves."
You may also want to watch:
Toto and the 'Sidmouth sniffers' met on the beach near the lifeboat station and 'made merry' on their way to Jacob's Ladder and back.
This is the third walk of its kind organised by Mrs Jennings-Wright who is hoping to make it a more regular event in 2020.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open