Sidmouth’s Halloween doggy dash is a spooktacular success
- Credit: Archant
Pet owners got into the Halloween spirit with a spooky dog dash on Sidmouth Beach at the weekend.
Jennifer Jennings-Wright, from Toto's of Sidmouth - the town's couture emporium for pampered pooches - organised a first canine canter at the start of the month to mark the end of the beach ban for dogs on Tuesday, October 1.
She and pet Toto were joined by more than 20 dogs on the day.
Following positive feedback from that event she decided to run a Halloween dog dash on Sunday (October 27) from 10.30am.
Owners and their pets were invited to dress up in spooky attire.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Jennings-Wright said the shop organised the second event because they wanted to find a day where more people, including children, could go along.
She said they decided to make it a Halloween special so dogs and owners could dress up if desired, just for fun.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight