Sidmouth Beat the Bus is back
Otterton to Sidmouth Beat the Bus for cancer charity returns for second year running
THERE is plenty of time to enter this year’s Beat the Bus run in aid of Sidmouth Living With Cancer.
Organised by Sidmouth Running Club members Lesley Roberts and Bill Valentine, competitors will run a five-mile, multi-terrain race against Stagecoach’s Otterton to Sidmouth bus on Wednesday, June 29, assembling at 6.25pm at Otterton Green.
The Sidmouth Herald has sponsored a memorial trophy to Colin Craig, a former Sidmouth paramedic, who died, aged 48, of cancer last August.
Stagecoach has again sponsored the event – now set to become an annual race after its introduction last year – to the tune of �500.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Running Club is organising and marshalling time-keepers and SLWC will also provide marshals.
There will be prizes for the first three men and women home, plus certificates and trophy caps for those beating the bus.
- 1 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 7 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
*To enter, complete the form in this week’s Sidmouth Herald and return to Bill Valentine, 16 Manstone Avenue, Sidmouth, EX10 9TF. Entry fee �10 (�8 with EA Licence). Entries close on June 27.