Sidmouth Beat the Bus is back
Otterton to Sidmouth Beat the Bus for cancer charity returns for second year running
THERE is plenty of time to enter this year’s Beat the Bus run in aid of Sidmouth Living With Cancer.
Organised by Sidmouth Running Club members Lesley Roberts and Bill Valentine, competitors will run a five-mile, multi-terrain race against Stagecoach’s Otterton to Sidmouth bus on Wednesday, June 29, assembling at 6.25pm at Otterton Green.
The Sidmouth Herald has sponsored a memorial trophy to Colin Craig, a former Sidmouth paramedic, who died, aged 48, of cancer last August.
Stagecoach has again sponsored the event – now set to become an annual race after its introduction last year – to the tune of �500.
Sidmouth Running Club is organising and marshalling time-keepers and SLWC will also provide marshals.
There will be prizes for the first three men and women home, plus certificates and trophy caps for those beating the bus.
- 1 'It's a nightmare': Sidmouth business react as roadworks get underway
- 2 Night-time fish thief makes daring raids on Otter Garden Centre pond
- 3 Exciting discovery as Sidmouth observatory reopens
- 4 Mental health awareness and fundraising at Sidmouth
- 5 Litter pickers shocked by amount of waste in river Otter
- 6 'Small farmers' livelihoods face collapse, post-Brexit'
- 7 'Stunning' donation made to Dream-A-Way by HMS Defender
- 8 'I am pro-vaccine, but I am also pro-choice'
- 9 Property firm on lookout for development land in East Devon
- 10 Sidmouth on the climb while Otters rebuild
*To enter, complete the form in this week’s Sidmouth Herald and return to Bill Valentine, 16 Manstone Avenue, Sidmouth, EX10 9TF. Entry fee �10 (�8 with EA Licence). Entries close on June 27.