Sidmouth BEE project on course for EDDC backing
A �50,000 Byes park project expected to get go ahead at EDDC Executive Board meeting next Wednesday.
A �50,000 park project in The Byes is expected to be given the go ahead at a district council Executive Board meeting next Wednesday.
Spearheaded by Sidmouth volunteer group, The Byes Environmental Education Project (BEE), the works will provide trees, flowers, hedges, new gates, display boards and a community orchard to the Byes area.
BEE has applied for a �50,000 Big Lottery Fund grant to help finance the work.
To guarantee the cash, East Devon District Council must give permission to complete the work, include the project under public liability insurance, and agree to maintain the new improvements. BEE is also asking EDDC to act as Accountable Body for the project.
You may also want to watch:
The recommendation is unlikely to face opposition, since better financial circumstances would see the council’s own StreetScene service pay for such improvements.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman