Sidmouth BEE project on course for EDDC backing
A �50,000 Byes park project expected to get go ahead at EDDC Executive Board meeting next Wednesday.
A �50,000 park project in The Byes is expected to be given the go ahead at a district council Executive Board meeting next Wednesday.
Spearheaded by Sidmouth volunteer group, The Byes Environmental Education Project (BEE), the works will provide trees, flowers, hedges, new gates, display boards and a community orchard to the Byes area.
BEE has applied for a �50,000 Big Lottery Fund grant to help finance the work.
To guarantee the cash, East Devon District Council must give permission to complete the work, include the project under public liability insurance, and agree to maintain the new improvements. BEE is also asking EDDC to act as Accountable Body for the project.
You may also want to watch:
The recommendation is unlikely to face opposition, since better financial circumstances would see the council’s own StreetScene service pay for such improvements.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 7 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 8 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth