Sidmouth BEE project on course for EDDC backing
A �50,000 Byes park project expected to get go ahead at EDDC Executive Board meeting next Wednesday.
A �50,000 park project in The Byes is expected to be given the go ahead at a district council Executive Board meeting next Wednesday.
Spearheaded by Sidmouth volunteer group, The Byes Environmental Education Project (BEE), the works will provide trees, flowers, hedges, new gates, display boards and a community orchard to the Byes area.
BEE has applied for a �50,000 Big Lottery Fund grant to help finance the work.
To guarantee the cash, East Devon District Council must give permission to complete the work, include the project under public liability insurance, and agree to maintain the new improvements. BEE is also asking EDDC to act as Accountable Body for the project.
The recommendation is unlikely to face opposition, since better financial circumstances would see the council’s own StreetScene service pay for such improvements.
- 1 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 2 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 5 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 6 Sidmouth to get state of the art hearing treatment
- 7 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 8 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 9 Christmas Light Switch-Ons in East Devon's towns
- 10 Sidmouth Bowls Club vote in a new President