Sidmouth beetle drive boosts CHSW funds
Sidmouth Inner Wheel raises �716 for Little Bridge children’s hospice
A BEETLE drive, run by members of Sidmouth Inner Wheel, has raised a massive �716.20 for a children’s hospice near Bristol.
On Tuesday, at its 54th anniversary meeting, president Muriel Macmillan handed the cheque to Bev Thomas, local fundraiser for Children’s Hospice South West.
Muriel said: “Last summer, several members went to Little Bridge hospice. They have never been before and were very impressed. Coming back in the car they said they were sure we could do fundraising for it.”
Susan Davies and Susan Hudec were among those that visited. They were impressed with the way each minute detail had been thought of to make children feel at home, including keeping the same curtains, bedding and toys in their room.
You may also want to watch:
“So much thought went into everything,” said Mrs Davies. “It was very moving and the Nania garden was wonderful, it blows your mind away.”
Thanking the group for their donation, Bev said Little Bridge also cared for siblings and parents of ill children during their stay.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
“Our next hospice in Cornwall opens at the end of this summer,” she added.