Sidmouth Bike Studio opens tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s first indoor bike studio opens tomorrow (Saturday) with a series of taster sessions for all abilities.
Retained firefighter Matt Meek started Bike Sidmouth after qualifying as a personal trainer and decided to combine his passion for cycling to help his desk-bound colleagues at work.
After taking a further qualification to lead cycling and body pump sessions, Matt began by packing 18 spin bikes into his trailer and taking them to the HQ to put his colleagues through their paces, before holding a number of sessions for the public at Stowford Community Centre.
Due to the popularity, the father-of-two has decided to open an indoor bike studio in Alexandria Industrial Estate and run a number of cycling and body pump sessions six days a week.
Sidmouth Bike Studio will hold its grand opening next Saturday (November 11) with a series of 20-minute taster sessions and the chance to meet the instructors.
You may also want to watch:
Matt, 39, said: “When I first did this, I had no inkling of the interest and what we would be able to do, really the ambition was one or two sessions a week. Now we are seeing 45 to 60 people a week doing five full sessions and people asking ‘can we do a few more sessions back to back?’”
Joining him at Unit 18 is instructor Lauren Clapp, who runs LC Fitness.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
Lauren will be leading LC flow which incorporates stretch, pilates and yoga as well as a new teen fitness session on Fridays. Matt said: “Lauren and I currently run our various classes already run out of Sidmouth’s church and community halls. However, we see big benefits in having all the classes in one place, a location that everyone knows and feels like they belong to.
“We have a great core group of exercise enthusiasts who are all really looking forward to starting in the new studio.”
Visitors are encouraged to drop in and try a session when studio doors open between 9am and 6pm, on Saturday.
For more details visit https://www.sbstudios.co.uk/