Sidmouth birthday sharing family celebrate
SHARE and share alike must be the motto of the Baker family in Sidmouth - as five of them celebrate their birthday within a week of each other. Sue Baker, who turned 63 on February 11, hosted the family party for her son Mark, 40, her granddaughter, Madi
SHARE and share alike must be the motto of the Baker family in Sidmouth - as five of them celebrate their birthday within a week of each other.
Sue Baker, who turned 63 on February 11, hosted the family party for her son Mark, 40, her granddaughter, Madison, 6 and her grandson, George, 2 who were all born on February 14.
Sue's sister in law, Susan Baker, who turned 68 on February 16, also joined in with the birthday festivities on Sunday.
Sue, of Fortescue Road, said: "It is great-we can never forget anybody's birthday. "When Madison was born Mark said 'trust you to steal my birthday' but it worked the opposite way when George was born. That was Mark's birthday present that year. It is weird how it has all worked out."
Mark along with younger son George, who he shares his birthday with, older son, Alexander, 5 and his soon to be wife, Vickie travelled from Haverhill in Suffolk for the special celebrations.
Sue said: "It was a bit chaotic but we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. An unlucky number came-13 but it all went down very well."
- 1 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 2 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 3 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 4 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 5 Fire service appoints former police sergeant as ambassador for road safety initiative
- 6 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 7 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 8 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 9 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
- 10 'Amazing' fossils on display at Sidmouth Museum
Madison, lives in Sidmouth with her sister, Caitlin, whose birthday is two weeks before hers and parents, Ian and...yet another Sue!
"It gets a bit confusing sometimes with so many Sue's in the family-we call Madison's mum young Sue, I'm Nanny Sue and my sister-in-law is Susan," Nanny Sue added.
"Madison and George had their party the day before so we only had one cake for Mark but the children thought it was theirs as well."
"I cheated a bit and bought number candles with 40 instead of putting them on individually. I don't think Mark would've liked that too much!"
The busy period is not over yet for the Baker family who are all getting ready for Mark and Vicki's wedding on April 4.
Sue added: "We are going up this weekend to get organised. All of the family are going to the wedding and we are all really looking forward to it. We try and keep a close family.