Sidmouth blood donors asked to come forward before summer holidays
- Credit: Archant
NHS Blood and Transplant is looking for new and current donors to book an appointment before heading off on their summer holidays.
Residents are being encouraged to give blood before their holidays to help keep stocks healthy during the summer period.
NHS Blood and Transplant is looking for current and new donors and is holding a session in Sidmouth on Sunday, May 28, from 9.35am to 12.15pm and 1.15pm to 3.45pm at Stowford Community Centre.
The health authority says nearly 6,000 units of blood are used a day for life saving procedures and treating patients with blood disorders.
Karen Healy, senior marketing coordinator at NHS Blood and Transplant, said: “Summer is the time of year that everyone looks forward to. The longer days, warmer weather, and summer activities puts everyone in a good mood.
You may also want to watch:
“But with some people jetting off to exotic countries, we need eligible donors in Sidmouth to donate before their holiday, rather than afterwards, to ensure blood stocks stay healthy this summer.
“If you have an appointment to donate, please keep it. If you find you can’t make your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible, so we can free up the appointment for someone else.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Toto goes bananas with his love for fruit and veg shop
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
NHS Blood and Transplant is looking for new donors from black communities, donors with the universal blood group O negative, and donors with the valuable Ro blood group.
To book an appointment to donate visit www.blood.co.uk or call 0300 123 2323 to find your nearest session.