Sidmouth book fair adds to school library fund and other news
Book fair raises �600. Read this and more.
JUBILEE EVENTS: Tickets for a Diamond Jubilee street party in Sidmouth will have gone on sale at the Anchor Inn.
Residents can also bag a place at a jazz band ball when tickets go on sale at Delderfields, 4Homes, Eight’s a Wish and Kennaway House.
The jazz ball will take place at Kennaway House on Saturday, June 2, while the street party will take place on Sunday, June 3.
A classic car show at Sidmouth Cricket Club on Monday, June 4, can be entered for a donation.
You may also want to watch:
BOOK JOY: A book fair at Sidmouth Primary School this month raised �600 for new titles for its library.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
MP’S MILE: East Devon MP Hugo Swire swapped his tailoring for a T-shirt and trainers to complete the Westminster Mile for Sport Relief.
Mr Swire was among members from both Houses who met after Prime Minister’s Questions last Wednesday.
He said: “I was delighted to take part, however now fear that I will no longer be talent spotted for the Olympics.”
Mr Swire wants to encourage his constituents to go the extra mile at their nearest Sport Relief Mile on Sunday.
MPs were joined by former Paralympian and peer in the House of Lords, Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson DBE.