Sidmouth book fair adds to school library fund and other news
Book fair raises �600. Read this and more.
JUBILEE EVENTS: Tickets for a Diamond Jubilee street party in Sidmouth will have gone on sale at the Anchor Inn.
Residents can also bag a place at a jazz band ball when tickets go on sale at Delderfields, 4Homes, Eight’s a Wish and Kennaway House.
The jazz ball will take place at Kennaway House on Saturday, June 2, while the street party will take place on Sunday, June 3.
A classic car show at Sidmouth Cricket Club on Monday, June 4, can be entered for a donation.
You may also want to watch:
BOOK JOY: A book fair at Sidmouth Primary School this month raised �600 for new titles for its library.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
MP’S MILE: East Devon MP Hugo Swire swapped his tailoring for a T-shirt and trainers to complete the Westminster Mile for Sport Relief.
Mr Swire was among members from both Houses who met after Prime Minister’s Questions last Wednesday.
He said: “I was delighted to take part, however now fear that I will no longer be talent spotted for the Olympics.”
Mr Swire wants to encourage his constituents to go the extra mile at their nearest Sport Relief Mile on Sunday.
MPs were joined by former Paralympian and peer in the House of Lords, Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson DBE.