Sidmouth-born style icon Miles trends it like Beckham in Australia
- Credit: Archant
A fashionista from Sidmouth is giving David Beckham and Colin Firth a run for their money in the style stakes.
Miles Wharton, a blogger and entrepreneur, has been named one of the 30 best-dressed international men in Australia after catching the eye of Men’s Style magazine.
The 25-year-old, who now lives in Sydney, was named in the magazine’s ‘men of style’ list alongside celebrities including Lewis Hamilton and Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark.
Miles has an online tailoring business and launched The Bespoke Corner last year after noticing there was a need for European style. He also blogs about his business and fashion to more than 63,600 followers.
Entrepreneur Miles said: “It feels great to be mentioned as one of the best-dressed in Australia - especially next to all the other iconic people in fashion.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve had multiple start-up businesses since a very young age and the opportunity of starting a company abroad was a challenge I wanted to take on.”
Miles’s mother, Dena, who owns the Hotel Riviera, said: “Right from a very young age he was interested in designer clothes - he was a very expensive child, but it has paid dividends in the end.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 9 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
“He is extremely self-motivated. He would say ‘I have this idea’ and was always going from one idea to another - and it seems to be paying off. All of his ideas seem to be going well.”
After attending St John’s School in Sidmouth and Taunton School, Miles went travelling and fell in love with Australia.
He emigrated five years ago and lives with his fiancée Cassie Greene and his French bulldog Pepper.
To see his blog, visit: Mensfashionblogger.com