Sidmouth bowlers raise �1,400 for air ambulance
Devon Air Ambulance benefits from Sidmouth Bowling Club coffee morning
SIDMOUTH Bowling Club held its 25th annual fund raising event on Bank Holiday Monday and collected some �1,400 for Devon Air Ambulance.
The sum was raised at the club’s charity coffee morning in just two hours, writes Gregory Carter.
Len Catford, a member of the bowling club said: “It was a highly successful day, everyone enjoyed themselves and we raised some money for a very worthwhile charity.”
He added: “We had more than 300 people come along which we were extremely pleased with.”
You may also want to watch:
For the fourth year running the Devon Air Ambulance charity will benefit from the event.
Activities on the day included a raffle and bottle tombola, with all of the prizes donated from members of the bowling club.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
Prizes included bottles of champagne and a large box of vegetables, among many others.