Sidmouth bowlers raise �1,400 for air ambulance
Devon Air Ambulance benefits from Sidmouth Bowling Club coffee morning
SIDMOUTH Bowling Club held its 25th annual fund raising event on Bank Holiday Monday and collected some �1,400 for Devon Air Ambulance.
The sum was raised at the club’s charity coffee morning in just two hours, writes Gregory Carter.
Len Catford, a member of the bowling club said: “It was a highly successful day, everyone enjoyed themselves and we raised some money for a very worthwhile charity.”
He added: “We had more than 300 people come along which we were extremely pleased with.”
You may also want to watch:
For the fourth year running the Devon Air Ambulance charity will benefit from the event.
Activities on the day included a raffle and bottle tombola, with all of the prizes donated from members of the bowling club.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
Prizes included bottles of champagne and a large box of vegetables, among many others.