Sidmouth bowlers raise �1,400 for air ambulance
Devon Air Ambulance benefits from Sidmouth Bowling Club coffee morning
SIDMOUTH Bowling Club held its 25th annual fund raising event on Bank Holiday Monday and collected some �1,400 for Devon Air Ambulance.
The sum was raised at the club’s charity coffee morning in just two hours, writes Gregory Carter.
Len Catford, a member of the bowling club said: “It was a highly successful day, everyone enjoyed themselves and we raised some money for a very worthwhile charity.”
He added: “We had more than 300 people come along which we were extremely pleased with.”
For the fourth year running the Devon Air Ambulance charity will benefit from the event.
Activities on the day included a raffle and bottle tombola, with all of the prizes donated from members of the bowling club.
- 1 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 2 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 3 Fire service appoints former police sergeant as ambassador for road safety initiative
- 4 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 5 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 6 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 7 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 8 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 9 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
- 10 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
Prizes included bottles of champagne and a large box of vegetables, among many others.