Pictures: Sidmouth Boxing Day Swim 2018
Can you spot yourself in our festive photo gallery of the Sidmouth Boxing Day Swim?
Hundreds of bold swimmers took the plunge for a dip with a difference in Sidmouth’s Boxing Day Swim.
Organisers made the decision on Boxing Day morning that the festive tradition could go ahead despite the weather.
The swim is very popular within the town and saw 450 participants take part last year. It has been ongoing since 1985 but is always dependent on the weather.
Sidmouth Lifeboat and Sidmouth Surf Life Saving Club provided on-the-water cover for the duration of today’s swim.
You may also want to watch:
The Sidmouth branch of the RNLI collected funds and donations will also be made to Sidmouth Lifeboat, the surf lifesaving club and St John Ambulance.
Participants were able to register at Sidmouth Sailing and Sea Angling Club at 10am, before braving the sea at 11am.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
There was also a big turnout of spectators on the seafront who could enjoy tea and coffee in the sailing club before and after the swim.