Sidmouth brass band to practice for the first time - two years after its launch
- Credit: Archant
A new daytime brass band will hold its first practice session later this month - two years after it was first launched.
Founder Trevor Heynes began a search for musicians back in 2015, but has been unable to start the band until now.
The Higher Woolbrook Park resident said time slipped away from him due to personal projects, but has organised the inaugural rehearsal for Wednesday, March 22, in Tipton St John.
The cornet player was inspired to start the group after joining a daytime veterans’ band in Bristol.
Trevor said he is expecting up to 10 players for the first practice.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s quite a good sign in terms of sound - we have got the whole range,” he said.
The weekly rehearsals will begin at 9.30am in Tipton St John Community Hall.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
To join the band, contact Trevor between 9am and 1pm on 01395 708766.