Sidmouth brawl - landlord clarifies events
THE LANDLORD of Sidmouth s Radway Inn believes his pub has been wrongly drawn into reports of a brawl that took place at All Saints Road roundabout on Sunday, September 20.
THE LANDLORD of Sidmouth's Radway Inn believes his pub has been wrongly drawn into reports of a brawl that took place at All Saints Road roundabout on Sunday, September 20.
Stephen French has asked the Sidmouth Herald to clarify the situation, saying he instructed his barman to call police "as I could see that the fighting was getting out of hand and someone was being badly hurt."
He says a brief news report wrongly described the brawl as taking place outside his pub.
"The incident in question actually took place on the roundabout - outside a takeaway.
You may also want to watch:
"The people in question had not been in our pub at all that day.
"I also believe that had I not informed the police of the person involved, it would have undoubtedly resulted in an arrest.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 4 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 5 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 8 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 9 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 10 Ottery win the Monty Perry Invitation Cup
"I believe my actions ultimately saved everyone a lot of hassle.