Sidmouth brawl - landlord clarifies events
THE LANDLORD of Sidmouth s Radway Inn believes his pub has been wrongly drawn into reports of a brawl that took place at All Saints Road roundabout on Sunday, September 20.
THE LANDLORD of Sidmouth's Radway Inn believes his pub has been wrongly drawn into reports of a brawl that took place at All Saints Road roundabout on Sunday, September 20.
Stephen French has asked the Sidmouth Herald to clarify the situation, saying he instructed his barman to call police "as I could see that the fighting was getting out of hand and someone was being badly hurt."
He says a brief news report wrongly described the brawl as taking place outside his pub.
"The incident in question actually took place on the roundabout - outside a takeaway.
You may also want to watch:
"The people in question had not been in our pub at all that day.
"I also believe that had I not informed the police of the person involved, it would have undoubtedly resulted in an arrest.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
"I believe my actions ultimately saved everyone a lot of hassle.