Sidmouth Brownies charity book bid
SIDMOUTH Brownies have been working hard by collecting books and baking cakes for a charity coffee morning tomorrow. The girls have arranged the fundraiser as part of their Changing The World Project in the run up to the movement s centenary this year. As
SIDMOUTH Brownies have been working hard by collecting books and baking cakes for a charity coffee morning tomorrow.
The girls have arranged the fundraiser as part of their Changing The World Project in the run up to the movement's centenary this year.
As part of the celebration each group has selected a charity to help and Sidmouth Brownies will be giving books to their chosen charity, Helping Girls in Kenya.
Rosemary Zirker, Brown Owl, said: "This project was chosen by the Brownies themselves and we decided on Kenya, partly because I lived there for three years in the 1970's and have told the Brownies about it."
You may also want to watch:
The coffee morning will take the role of a 'mini fete' including a book and cake sale, name the teddy, several games and a tombola.
It will be held at St John Ambulance Hall, Blackmore Drive from 10am and refreshments will be served. If anyone has books, DVDs or CDs to donate bring them along.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
Anyone who would like to join the 1st Sidmouth Brownies can ring Rosemary on (01395) 567340.