Sidmouth Brownies’ farewell to Brown Owl
THE 1st Sidmouth Brownies have bid fond farewell to their Brown Owl – who once swooped in to save the unit from closure.
Rosemary Zirker says she’ll be taking a much-needed rest after youngsters had a hoot when they staged a party to mark her retirement.
Each spoke on why they love being part of the group and then sang Brownie songs before making farewell gift presentations.
The evening culminated in a party tea.
Rosemary has been running the unit for five years - having rescued it from closure.
She has been an active leader, running sleepovers and camps, and organising games and patrol activities and generally keeping the unit running.
Rosemary leaves behind a full Brownie pack with a new Brown Owl - Hannah Boyd ready to take over the many tasks involved.
- 1 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 2 Broadband firm apologises for late-night roadworks noise
- 3 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
- 4 Sidmouth greenkeepers fighting for the perfect bowling surface
- 5 'A rise in parking charges will hit locals hardest'
- 6 What makes Sidmouth the perfect place to live?
- 7 Major road in Sidmouth to close for THREE months
- 8 Mayor's New Year message and ideas sought for Jubilee celebrations
- 9 New pizza restaurant opens on Sidmouth seafront
- 10 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'