Sidmouth Brownies raise �500
NEARLY �500 was raised by 1st Sidmouth Brownies at a charity coffee morning held at the weekend. Friends and family turned up in force to support the Brownies bumper fundraiser morning at St John Hall on Saturday. The girls held the event to raise funds
NEARLY �500 was raised by 1st Sidmouth Brownies at a charity coffee morning held at the weekend.
Friends and family turned up in force to support the Brownies' bumper fundraiser morning at St John Hall on Saturday.
The girls held the event to raise funds for their selected charity, Helping Girls in Kenya, for their Changing The World Project.
The project ties in with the 100th anniversary of Girl Guiding and groups from all over the country are taking part.
You may also want to watch:
The successful fundraiser included a book and cake sale, with brownies baked by the Brownies, several games and a tombola.
Name the teddy proved very popular and was won by Amber Kilsbie.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 4 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 5 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 8 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 9 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 10 Ottery win the Monty Perry Invitation Cup
Rosemary Zirker, Brown Owl, said: "A big thank you to all the Sidmouth people who came along and spent their money.
"I would also like to publicly thank all the ladies from the Trefoil Guild, our Brownies, my 1st Sidmouth Brownies Leaders team, Liz, Ann, Katie and Rachel and the Brownie parents that helped."
Anyone who would like to join the 1st Sidmouth Brownies can ring Rosemary on (01395) 567430.