Sidmouth bungalow roof fire accidental, say firefighters
- Credit: Matt Smart
A roof fire in a Sidmouth bungalow was caused accidently, firefighters said.
Two appliances from Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary fire stations were called out to an address in Beatlands Corner at around 12.30pm on Tuesday (February 4).
An aerial ladder platform from Danes Castle also attended.
On arrival, crews confirmed there was smoke coming from a bungalow and after discovering the roof space was well alight a fourth fire engine from Budleigh Salterton was requested.
Firefighters wearing six breathing apparatus extinguished the fire using two hose reels, two roof ladders, two extension ladders, small tools and a thermal imaging camera.
You may also want to watch:
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the roof of the property sustained 60 per cent fire and smoke damage.
A fire service spokesman said the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead