Sidmouth business expands and other news
An expanding vehicle repair business on Sidmouth’s Alexandria Industrial Estate hopes to invest in a new workshop. Read this and more.
TAXI DAMAGED: Criminal damage was inflicted on a taxi cab parked in Manstone Avenue between 10pm on Monday and 9am on Tuesday this week.
Witnesses or anyone with information have been urged to contact PCSO 30190 Steve Blanchford-Cox of Sidmouth police on 101. Crime reference: KS/12/488.
WORKSHOP HOPE: An expanding vehicle repair business on Sidmouth’s Alexandria Industrial Estate hopes to invest in a new workshop.
You may also want to watch:
The owner of Sidmouth Tyres and Exhausts has submitted plans to demolish an existing garage and store and erect a purpose-built steel frame building.
The new structure would be a two-bay workshop with an MOT bay including a rolling road.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
“The expansion of the business has necessitated the need for a bigger, purpose-built facility,” say plans.
The district council will decide the fate of blueprints.