Sidmouth business proves itself step above the rest, winning national accolade
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth business has proved it is one step ahead by winning a national accolade.
The very best from across the footwear industry gathered at Birmingham’s National Conference Centre to find out who would triumph at the annual Footwear Industry Awards last week.
White and Son Shoes, in Fore Street, Sidmouth, was thrilled to receive the highly-coveted Ladies Independent Footwear Retailer of the Year award.
Owner Steve White is the fourth generation of his family to run the business.
Steve’s great-grandfather started the family firm in Dorchester 140 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
During 2016, the shop was modernised and expanded to enable the largest range of leading footwear brands to be stocked. Steve said: “It is a huge honour that an independent shoe shop in Sidmouth is awarded such a prestigious award which could not be achieved without the support of manageress Anne and the staff.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity