Sidmouth businesses wow judges with festive window displays
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth got some added sparkle when 35 businesses dressed their windows especially for Christmas.
Olympian equestrian Mary King joined Sidmouth College head boy Tom Woodruff and head girl Evie Seller, Herald photographer Terry Ife and Mel Gater from Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce to choose their favourites.
First prize in the large windows category went to Fields of Sidmouth, while Coles got second place and the third award went to Dormy House.
The top prize in the small windows category was won by Chapter, Daffy-Down-Dilly came second and 4homes was highly commended.
Chamber vice-chairman Mel said: “We would like to thank the businesses in town for taking the time and trouble in helping to make Sidmouth sparkle.
You may also want to watch:
“With over 35 windows to choose from, the judges and I had a really difficult but enjoyable few hours.
“The input from our local head boy and girl added a fabulous youthful appeal.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
“Hopefully we can now follow the town council’s input of great lighting and keep Sidmouth sparkling.”