Sidmouth businesswoman warns of drinks being ‘spiked’
PUBLISHED: 11:40 21 April 2017
A businesswoman is urging revelers to be vigilant after two of her friends reportedly had their drinks ‘spiked’ over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Dawn Manley said the two separate incidents, in Sidmouth and Yeovil, left the victims – women in their twenties and thirties who asked not to be identified – feeling scared and unwell.
She did not want to cause alarm but urged people not to leave their drinks unattended.
Ms Manley said: “One of my friends was extremely ill and had to go to A&E. The other felt really peculiar and couldn’t remember things. Both of them are used to going out.
“There seems to be a fashion at the moment for people slipping things in other people’s drinks.
“If you’ve got underlying health problems, it could be lethal.
“Be very careful with your drinks – don’t leave them unattended.”
Ms Manley did not know what had been put in her friends’ drinks but said there was no attempt to take advantage of either of them.
Police Sergeant Andy Squires said he was not aware of any such incidents in Sidmouth since took his position in 2013.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box below for details.