Sidmouth busking duo release CD to raise money for charity
- Credit: Archant
Small Change have created an album called A Little Bit of Everything and will donate more than half the proceeds to local causes.
A pair of musical neighbours has released their first CD to help boost local causes.
Busking saxophonists Jan McCann and Jackie Ensall, from Sidmouth, are donating more than half of the proceeds from their debut album to help Children’s Hospice South West.
Since they began playing together more than 18 months ago, the duo have raised £4,000 for charity, including the Sid Valley Food Bank, Sidmouth Voluntary Services and British Heart Foundation.
The duo were out performing FolkWeek selling the CDs and so far this year have raised £1,000 for the children’s hospice.
You may also want to watch:
The pair started their duo Small Change after discovering they both had music lessons from the same teacher.
Jan said: “We knew we lived in the same road but we didn’t realise that each other played the saxophone and we thought we would do some duets.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
“We thought it would be a way of raising money and a record of things that we have done.
“We never do it for ourselves every single penny we want to give to charity.”
Their CD, A Little Bit of Everything, features 17 popular tunes including Hallelujah, Yesterday and Scarborough Fair and was produced locally by Steve Hirst.
Jan’s son George Wiltshire designed the album cover which features the duo playing on Sidmouth beach.
The pair have produced 200 CDs and hope to sell them for a minimum donation of £8.
Their next performance will be at the town’s Candlelit Street Party on August on Sunday, August 27.
A Little Bit of Everything is on sale at Paragon Books for £8 or online by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org