Sidmouth butchers have top sausages!
- Credit: Archant
Hayman’s Butchers in Sidmouth has shown they have got some of the best bangers in the business - after picking up three hotly contested titles.
The family firm has celebrated a sizzling success at the South West Butchers Roadshow and Pork Product Excellence Awards judged by leading industry experts.
The Church Street outfit’s special pork sausage and pork chermoula came out on top in their respective categories.
Their pork and apple burger also landed an accolade.
Eleven of the firm’s products also picked up gold awards.
You may also want to watch:
Owner Stewart Hayman said: “We’re overwhelmed with our success. The key to our success is sourcing local meat from an abattoir just down the road – this means that all of our products are fresh and full of flavour.”
Stewart and wife Shirley were away on holiday for the week of the competition.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
Staff made and cooked all the products and organised the delivery to the show.
“We would like to express our thanks to all the staff as without their hard work we would not have had the success we did,” added Stewart.
The ceremony was held at the Sandy Park Conference Centre last week and drew in 31 butchers armed with 190 products.
Keith Fisher, BPEX butchery and product development manager, said: “Hayman’s Butchers have done a great job picking up three of the twelve category champion titles on offer – all the products tasted fresh and were full of flavour. What’s more, their sausage has also gone on to qualify for the prestigious ‘Champions of Champions’ competition for 2014.”