Hayman’s bring home the bacon, sausages, corned beef and more at Taste of the West
- Credit: Archant
A family run butchers is enjoying more mouth watering success after scooping nine awards from Taste of the West.
Hayman's Butchers have triumphed in a number of categories at this year's competition, only a few months after triumphing at the 2019 National Meet Products BBQ awards.
The Church Street butchers received gold for its beef and seaweed, duck and plum and venison sausages, green back bacon, corned beef and corned beef hash and steak and kidney pudding.
The butchers also received a number of silvers and commended awards.
All of the gold award products will go forward to the next round to be considered for the converted champion and supreme champion categories.
You may also want to watch:
Owner Stewart Hayman said: "It's excellent. We have done a few competitions in the past but not for the last three or four years. I would like to think they are really good but it always nice to be able to put them to the test and see what someone else thinks. What is pleasing is that the awards are for a wide range of products."
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 The more we work together the better it will be
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases