Sidmouth butchers scoops rack of awards
HAYMAN S Butchers of Sidmouth have scooped several top prizes for their products in the Q Guild s 2009 Smithfield Awards. The business, based in Church Street, won a staggering nine gold, four silver and four bronze accolades. At a special lunch and award
HAYMAN'S Butchers of Sidmouth have scooped several top prizes for their products in the Q Guild's 2009 Smithfield Awards.
The business, based in Church Street, won a staggering nine gold, four silver and four bronze accolades.
At a special lunch and awards ceremony in Butchers Hall, London, earlier this month, TV chef and restaurateur Brian Turner presented the firm's Stewart Hayman with the awards.
He said: "We are absolutely delighted to receive these awards. It is fantastic for our business as the Smithfield Awards are envied throughout the trade, adding value and prestige to any product fortunate enough to win."
You may also want to watch:
The four highest gold awards were given to Hayman's for their steak and pickled walnut pie, steak, red wine and shallot pie, carrot cake and mince pies.
These awards are among the most highly coveted in the meat industry and more than 500 products from Q members throughout the UK were assessed by an independent panel of experts.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 6 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
Mr Hayman added: "As a Q member we regard ourselves as among the best butchers in Britain and this proves we have the products to match.