Sidmouth butchers scoops rack of awards
HAYMAN S Butchers of Sidmouth have scooped several top prizes for their products in the Q Guild s 2009 Smithfield Awards. The business, based in Church Street, won a staggering nine gold, four silver and four bronze accolades. At a special lunch and award
HAYMAN'S Butchers of Sidmouth have scooped several top prizes for their products in the Q Guild's 2009 Smithfield Awards.
The business, based in Church Street, won a staggering nine gold, four silver and four bronze accolades.
At a special lunch and awards ceremony in Butchers Hall, London, earlier this month, TV chef and restaurateur Brian Turner presented the firm's Stewart Hayman with the awards.
He said: "We are absolutely delighted to receive these awards. It is fantastic for our business as the Smithfield Awards are envied throughout the trade, adding value and prestige to any product fortunate enough to win."
The four highest gold awards were given to Hayman's for their steak and pickled walnut pie, steak, red wine and shallot pie, carrot cake and mince pies.
These awards are among the most highly coveted in the meat industry and more than 500 products from Q members throughout the UK were assessed by an independent panel of experts.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Churchyards are peaceful havens for wildlife
- 3 Well done to jubilee party organisers - lets hope the weather holds
- 4 Ottery's Animal Rescue Centre holds anniversary fundraising event
- 5 Sidmouth sailors host national competition
- 6 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 7 Rock Choir fundraiser for Sidmouth's Admiral Nurse
- 8 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 9 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 10 The Queen;s Jubilee celebrations in Ottery and Phyllis Baxter
Mr Hayman added: "As a Q member we regard ourselves as among the best butchers in Britain and this proves we have the products to match.