Sidmouth butchers scoops rack of awards
HAYMAN S Butchers of Sidmouth have scooped several top prizes for their products in the Q Guild s 2009 Smithfield Awards. The business, based in Church Street, won a staggering nine gold, four silver and four bronze accolades. At a special lunch and award
HAYMAN'S Butchers of Sidmouth have scooped several top prizes for their products in the Q Guild's 2009 Smithfield Awards.
The business, based in Church Street, won a staggering nine gold, four silver and four bronze accolades.
At a special lunch and awards ceremony in Butchers Hall, London, earlier this month, TV chef and restaurateur Brian Turner presented the firm's Stewart Hayman with the awards.
He said: "We are absolutely delighted to receive these awards. It is fantastic for our business as the Smithfield Awards are envied throughout the trade, adding value and prestige to any product fortunate enough to win."
You may also want to watch:
The four highest gold awards were given to Hayman's for their steak and pickled walnut pie, steak, red wine and shallot pie, carrot cake and mince pies.
These awards are among the most highly coveted in the meat industry and more than 500 products from Q members throughout the UK were assessed by an independent panel of experts.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Mr Hayman added: "As a Q member we regard ourselves as among the best butchers in Britain and this proves we have the products to match.