Sidmouth butchers deliver on BBQ flavours at national awards
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s popular butchers has proven it can deliver on barbecue flavour after scooping a number of awards at a national competition.
Haymans of Sidmouth impressed judges with their range of burgers and sausages at this year’s national meat products BBQ competition, which is organised by the National Craft Butchers.
The award ceremony was held in Nottingham at the end of March and is the first competition the business has entered for nearly three years.
The team walked away with a special innovation award for its beef and seaweed burger, using fresh seaweed from the Sidmouth based Ebb Tides.
In the sausages categories the butchers received gold for its game and mead flavouring, silver for their goose, curried goat and wild boar style banger and bronze for duck and orange flavoured range.
You may also want to watch:
For burgers it took home gold for its rabbit burger, silver for game and duck burgers and a number of bronzes for venison, wild boar and curried goat varieties.
Owner Stewart Hayman praised the team, especially Shane Churchill for coming up with the range, adding: “They [the judges] are always looking for that different angle. It think it went down very well. You have to be able to taste the flavours, its not good saying its something when you cannot taste it. Over the years we have got the an idea of how we are going to do that and we make a small batch, we cook it off and see what they taste like.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 7 School's hill climb challenge
- 8 Beautiful news for fans of music festival
- 9 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 10 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
“We look forward to a busy BBQ period with all these lovely burger and sausage products as well as our usual offerings available from our Shop throughout the BBQ season.”