Sidmouth calendar photo call
Photos wanted for Sidmouth Landscape Calendar 2012
FOLLOWING the return of Sidmouth Landscape Calendar last year, after a two-year break, Sid Vale Association is interested in seeing people’s photographs for possible inclusion in the 2012 calendar.
Sales of the local calendar help raise money for Sidmouth Landscape Fund charity, which is needed to help protect the Sid Valley landscape from over-development.
This year, SVA used the fund to buy one of the last remaining natural landscape areas in Sidmouth, between Peaslands Road and The Knapp, as the Association felt it would be an asset to residents “for all time”.
If you have suitable photographs to submit for possible inclusion in the 2012 calendar, they need to be sent in before the end of November to allow time for selection and printing before the calendar is released next Easter.
Send your photos as JPEG files by e-mail, marked ‘Landscape Calendar’, to Sue Harrod at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your pictures should include scenes of the Sid Valley, Sidmouth and Salcombe Regis, people enjoying the natural landscape, floral and historical aspects and unusual photographs.
- 1 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 2 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 3 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 4 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 5 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 6 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland
- 7 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 8 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 9 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 10 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
If your pictures are chosen for publication you will be sent a free copy of the 2012 calendar in appreciation.