Sidmouth calendar photo call
Photos wanted for Sidmouth Landscape Calendar 2012
FOLLOWING the return of Sidmouth Landscape Calendar last year, after a two-year break, Sid Vale Association is interested in seeing people’s photographs for possible inclusion in the 2012 calendar.
Sales of the local calendar help raise money for Sidmouth Landscape Fund charity, which is needed to help protect the Sid Valley landscape from over-development.
This year, SVA used the fund to buy one of the last remaining natural landscape areas in Sidmouth, between Peaslands Road and The Knapp, as the Association felt it would be an asset to residents “for all time”.
If you have suitable photographs to submit for possible inclusion in the 2012 calendar, they need to be sent in before the end of November to allow time for selection and printing before the calendar is released next Easter.
You may also want to watch:
Send your photos as JPEG files by e-mail, marked ‘Landscape Calendar’, to Sue Harrod at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your pictures should include scenes of the Sid Valley, Sidmouth and Salcombe Regis, people enjoying the natural landscape, floral and historical aspects and unusual photographs.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
If your pictures are chosen for publication you will be sent a free copy of the 2012 calendar in appreciation.