Sidmouth Cameo Chamber Choir seeks new members and other news
Sidmouth’s Cameo Chamber Choir are searching for four new additions. Read this and more.
PRE-SCHOOL: Sidmouth Pre-School Playgroup will stage its annual general meeting on Friday, November 9, at 7.30pm at its premises at Sidmouth Primary School in Vicarage Road.
CHOIR PLEA: Sidmouth’s Cameo Chamber Choir are searching for four new additions.
The group, formerly the Cameo Singers, need two sopranos, one second and one alto. If you are a woman who loves to sing and would enjoy a varied repertoire, contact conductor Andrew Downie on 01395 568476 or come along to St Francis’ Hall on a Wednesdays at 10am to see and hear what the choir is all about.
You may also want to watch:
CARNIVAL FUN: A host of events have been organised to boost Newton Poppleford Carnival before and after the spectacular next Saturday, September 29.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 4 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
A walking treasure hunt will start at the village car park on Sunday at 2pm.
A quiz will take place in the village hall on Tuesday (September 25) at 7.30pm. Entry is �5 for a team of four.
There will be a beetle drive at the village hall next Friday, September 28, at 7.30pm.
The City of Exeter Railway Band will perform at the village hall at 7.30pm on November 24. Tickets are �5.
Next Saturday’s carnival procession will start at 8pm.
Contact Jackie on 01395 567803 or Geoff on 01395 568466.