Sidmouth cancer charity cheque
MORE local charities are benefiting from Sidmouth s Waitrose Community Matters project.On Tuesday Lenny Titherington, manager of Cancer Research UK shop in Fore Street, collected a cheque for �500 from the store.
MORE local charities are benefiting from Sidmouth's Waitrose Community Matters project.
On Tuesday Lenny Titherington, manager of Cancer Research UK shop in Fore Street, collected a cheque for �500 from the store.
She said: "I would like to thank management and staff at Waitrose and the community of Sidmouth for nominating Cancer Research UK.
"The money will go a long way to helping people, particularly in these times of recession."
You may also want to watch:
She said the money would be specifically used in Exeter for research into breast and prostate cancer.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots