Sidmouth cancer charity cheque
MORE local charities are benefiting from Sidmouth s Waitrose Community Matters project.On Tuesday Lenny Titherington, manager of Cancer Research UK shop in Fore Street, collected a cheque for �500 from the store.
MORE local charities are benefiting from Sidmouth's Waitrose Community Matters project.
On Tuesday Lenny Titherington, manager of Cancer Research UK shop in Fore Street, collected a cheque for �500 from the store.
She said: "I would like to thank management and staff at Waitrose and the community of Sidmouth for nominating Cancer Research UK.
"The money will go a long way to helping people, particularly in these times of recession."
You may also want to watch:
She said the money would be specifically used in Exeter for research into breast and prostate cancer.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police