Sidmouth cancer charity cheque
MORE local charities are benefiting from Sidmouth s Waitrose Community Matters project.On Tuesday Lenny Titherington, manager of Cancer Research UK shop in Fore Street, collected a cheque for �500 from the store.
MORE local charities are benefiting from Sidmouth's Waitrose Community Matters project.
On Tuesday Lenny Titherington, manager of Cancer Research UK shop in Fore Street, collected a cheque for �500 from the store.
She said: "I would like to thank management and staff at Waitrose and the community of Sidmouth for nominating Cancer Research UK.
"The money will go a long way to helping people, particularly in these times of recession."
You may also want to watch:
She said the money would be specifically used in Exeter for research into breast and prostate cancer.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary