Sidmouth cancer support group appeals for secretary
Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support needs secretary
A SECRETARY is needed for Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support group.
Colin Burnham, husband of the group’s chairman, Joyce, has taken on the role of acting secretary, but will be taking on the job of treasurer following the retirement from the committee after 10 years of Peter Monck, because of ill health.
“We are looking for someone who is prepared to come along to our monthly meetings at Sidmouth Conservative Club from 7pm to 8.30pm,” said Joyce.
“We are only a small, friendly group, but last year we raised �10,500 through our hard-working committee.”
You may also want to watch:
She said a secretary was needed to take minutes and support the chairman, be involved in fund raising events and “be part of the overall team”.
Joyce asked: “Is there anyone out there interested in joining Macmillan to keep a worthwhile cause going?”
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Anyone willing to do the job must be computer literate, she added.
Former secretary, Kim Bloxham, left the group to set up a Macmillan committee in Exmouth where she lives.
Anyone interested in getting involved is invited to attend the group’s annual meeting on March 13 from 7pm at the Conservative Club or contact Joyce on 01395 519017.