Sidmouth cancer support group appeals for secretary
Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support needs secretary
A SECRETARY is needed for Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support group.
Colin Burnham, husband of the group’s chairman, Joyce, has taken on the role of acting secretary, but will be taking on the job of treasurer following the retirement from the committee after 10 years of Peter Monck, because of ill health.
“We are looking for someone who is prepared to come along to our monthly meetings at Sidmouth Conservative Club from 7pm to 8.30pm,” said Joyce.
“We are only a small, friendly group, but last year we raised �10,500 through our hard-working committee.”
You may also want to watch:
She said a secretary was needed to take minutes and support the chairman, be involved in fund raising events and “be part of the overall team”.
Joyce asked: “Is there anyone out there interested in joining Macmillan to keep a worthwhile cause going?”
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 5 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Hedges are 'valued for the huge benefits they bring for wildlife'
Anyone willing to do the job must be computer literate, she added.
Former secretary, Kim Bloxham, left the group to set up a Macmillan committee in Exmouth where she lives.
Anyone interested in getting involved is invited to attend the group’s annual meeting on March 13 from 7pm at the Conservative Club or contact Joyce on 01395 519017.