Sidmouth cancer support group appeals for secretary
Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support needs secretary
A SECRETARY is needed for Sidmouth’s Macmillan Cancer Support group.
Colin Burnham, husband of the group’s chairman, Joyce, has taken on the role of acting secretary, but will be taking on the job of treasurer following the retirement from the committee after 10 years of Peter Monck, because of ill health.
“We are looking for someone who is prepared to come along to our monthly meetings at Sidmouth Conservative Club from 7pm to 8.30pm,” said Joyce.
“We are only a small, friendly group, but last year we raised �10,500 through our hard-working committee.”
You may also want to watch:
She said a secretary was needed to take minutes and support the chairman, be involved in fund raising events and “be part of the overall team”.
Joyce asked: “Is there anyone out there interested in joining Macmillan to keep a worthwhile cause going?”
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 4 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 5 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
Anyone willing to do the job must be computer literate, she added.
Former secretary, Kim Bloxham, left the group to set up a Macmillan committee in Exmouth where she lives.
Anyone interested in getting involved is invited to attend the group’s annual meeting on March 13 from 7pm at the Conservative Club or contact Joyce on 01395 519017.