Sidmouth cancer survivors raise over £1,700 with cream tea
- Credit: Archant
A pair of Sidmouth cancer survivors exceeded expectations raising well over £1,700 with a charity cream tea event.
Lynne Thorne and Lynne Maxwell managed to smash their target of £1,000 by holding a fundraiser for ELF (Exeter Leukaemia Trust).
More than 150 supporters flocked to enjoy cream tea and a raffle with more than 30 prizes at the event held a couple of weeks ago at All Saints Church.
The money will be used by the charity to help care for patients at a cancer ward at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
Mrs Thorne said: “We were really pleased and shocked at how much we had managed to raise.
You may also want to watch:
“When I took the cheque down to the ward the staff were really surprised and shocked at how much you how much we had managed to raise from a cream tea event.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time